Go to top of page
Close
 
Close
ROS Top

New Caney Founders - Austin & Sarah Presswood

New Caney Founders - Austin & Sarah Presswood



The area currently known as New Caney was originally settled along the Farm Road 1485 and Highway 59 junction in 1862 by Austin and Sarah Presswood, who are known as New Caney's founders.


The Presswoods settled the area to raise cattle on the open and undeveloped land of the "Big Thicket".


Upon settling the area, the Presswoods named the town Presswood, Texas, however that name was later changed to New Caney.



Austin and Sarah Presswoods' graves can still be found within the Presswood Cemetery.













ROS Top




SPONSORED:
LaCaze Air Conditioning and Heating Logo Second Right Resource Logo Kenneth's Car Care Logo Paradise Grills Logo Modern Heart and Vascular Institute  Logo True Songs Production Logo A Advanced Home Renovations Logo The Mail Box Store of Porter Logo Smoothie King New Caney Logo Decker's Carpet Cleaning Logo Gap Plumbing Inc Logo HTX Print Shop Logo
Sponsor an Ad »



See more of PorterTX.com by logging in
Your online community neighborhood for Porter-area residents.
Kosmin Media
SAVING