Go to top of page
Close
 
Close
ROS Top

Caney Railroad Station

Caney Railroad Station



Caney Station - New Caney, TX



In 1877, the East and West Texas railroad had arrived to the New Caney area, and imports and exports thrived, in particular through livestock trade.

To accommodate the new railroad, a new Train Depot was built and named "Caney Station." This was one of the first of the town's landmarks to take on the "Caney" moniker, which eventually lead to the town being renamed from Presswood to New Caney. The Caney Station itself was built close to Caney Creek, because the steam locomotives needed a steady source of water to power the steam-based vehicles.




Old photo of steam locomotive passing through the New Caney area



Read more about New Caney >>







ROS Top




SPONSORED:
FullScope Pest Control Logo AireServ Heating and Air Conditioning Logo Reborn Pool Cleaning and More Logo Warren's Custom Pools Logo Airtechs Mechanical  Logo Modern Heart and Vascular Institute  Logo Madd Roofing Logo Primrose School of Kingwood at Oakhurst Logo Italiano's Restaurant  Logo Alpha Omega Gymnastics and Dance  Logo
Sponsor an Ad »



See more of PorterTX.com by logging in
Your online community neighborhood for Porter-area residents.
Kosmin Media